2020 SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION DATES ARE HERE!
Priority In-House (Current Families) Registration: Monday, February 24th to Sunday, March 1st.
Alumni Families Registration: March 2nd to Sunday, March 8th.
New Families Registration: starts March 9th.
Join us and give your child the magic of a Children’s Garden summer!
The beautiful carefree summer days of childhood are always vibrant and blooming at The Children’s Garden!
Fill your child’s day with creative movement, circle games, watercolor painting, natural handcrafts, singing, storytelling, puppet shows, and plenty of outdoor activity in the morning sunshine.
The centerpiece of our morning is play – free, creative and unstructured play, indoors and outdoors – the true work, joy and developmental training ground of young children. Outdoors, children will experience the summer beauty of our play yard and Grant Park. Sand and water play with pails, shovels and tiny boats made of bark or leaves; bubbles, wood planks and tree stumps are among the children’s playthings. Indoors, our teachers provide a rhythm of activities designed to bring balance to a child’s day, and a wealth of natural materials to give wings to the imagination. Our week includes lively stories, singing and circle games, baking or cooking, painting, handcrafts, gardening and nature walk. And every child will have the opportunity to work in the garden, tending to the summer vegetables, flowers and plants.
Daily Rhythm & Activities
9:15 to 9:30 – Arrival: Morning Drop-Off at the Play Garden Gate
9:30 to 10:30 – Outdoor Play/Activities and/or Nature Walk
10:30 to 11 – Welcome the Day/Circle, Creative Moment, Games
11 to 11:15 – Come Inside to Cubbies, Bathroom, Wash Hands
11:20 to 11:50 – Lunch & Clean Up
11:50 to 12:40 – Free Play & Indoor Activities*
12:40 to 12:55 – Clean Up from Indoor Activities & Wash Hands
12:55 to 1:15 – Snack & Clean Up (Wash Dishes and Tables)
1:15 to 1:30 – Story
1:30 to 1:35 – Dismissal: Good-Bye Circle with children, parents and teachers
Snacks (Children Help Prepare Snack with Teachers)
- Tuesday – Fresh Bread Baking or Cooking
- Wednesday – Fresh Organic Fruit Salad
- Thursday – Rice, cous-cous, quinoa or other grain served with butter and herbs
- Friday – Fresh Organic Veggies from the garden & Homemade Hummus
- Tuesday – Baking or Cooking (activity AND the snack that day)
- Wednesday – Handcrafts
- Thursday – Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Painting
- Friday – Water Play (first half of the day is outside on the yard in swim gear and water shoes)
Purposeful Work Each day, children help in the classroom and are involved in washing dishes & tables, sweeping, table setting, plant care, paint board washing, laundry folding, water pouring at snack and more.
THIS YEAR WE ARE MOVING TO A 4-DAY CAMP. Camp sessions now run Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 9:15am to 1:35pm. We offer four 3-week sessions from May 19th to August 14th.
Summer Camp Fees
- There is a non refundable registration fee of $35 per camp session (for each child).
- Each 3-week camp session fee is $600 and includes camp tuition and all supplies and your child’s nutritious snack.
- Camp registration fee/s and tuition fees are strictly non-refundable.
- Checks should be made payable to The Children’s Garden Preschool (or TCGP).
Summer Camp Registration
Registration information, dates and policies are as follows–
- Summer camp registration is open to children aged* 3 to 7 (age as of June 1st 2020). *Please speak with the director first about the prospect of enrolling a child who is slightly younger than 3 or is new to TCG’s summer camp.
- Four 3-week sessions are offered beginning Tuesday, May 19th and ending the week of Friday, August 14th. We are closed the week of July 4th (June 29th to July 6th).
- The summer camp program is staffed by our trained TCG teachers.
- Registration fee for each camp ($35/session) must be submitted with your child’s summer camp registration and acts as a non-refundable deposit.
- Payment DEADLINE for camp tuition fees is Thursday, May 14th, 2020.
- Camp fees not paid in full by the May 14th due date may result in forfeiture of camp placement for the session or sessions registered.
- Registration for Summer camp is first come, first served. Space is limited.
- In the event TCG must regroup ages or cancel camp sessions, parents will be notified immediately. If TCG must cancel any session of camp due to the enrollment minimum not being met, a credit or refund will be issued to affected families.
Snack and Lunch
Daily snack is provided by the preschool (please see the list above). Children will need to come to camp with a packed lunch each day and a bottle of water. We encourage healthy food choices and plenty of water. Use of ice packs in lunch boxes is especially recommended at this time of year.
What to Bring
- ALL items from home must be labeled with your child’s name.
- A seasonal change of clothing, including underwear (labeled) should be sent in on the first day.
- Lunch and a full bottle of water.
- We request that you apply sunscreen and/or insect repellant BEFORE coming to camp each day.
- Your child’s camp teachers will communicate with you regarding any additional items to bring.
Children should be dressed in cool, breathable, comfortable clothing. NO Flip-Flops, please–for safety reasons. Sandals or canvas (Tivas, Keenes, Crocs, tennis shoes or the like are strongly preferred). Water shoes are best for Friday water days. Children will be engaged in activities such as food preparation, baking, crafts and painting; so please dress your child in suitable clothing.