In-House and Alumni Enrollment Process for 2020-2021
Enrollment for Currently Enrolled Families and Alumni Families is held January 20, 2020 – January 31, 2020. Priority is given first to currently enrolled children, then to their siblings, and then to alumni families and PABC members in good standing. In order to participate in in-house enrollment and reserve a place for your child at The Children’s Garden Preschool for 2020-2021, please complete and return your child’s Enrollment Application form and Application fee (alumni families only) no later than Friday, January 31, 2020.
* Open Enrollment (NEW Families) Admissions Process for 2020-2021
OPEN HOUSE DAY is Saturday, February 1, 3:00 – 5:30 pm. Prospective Families may submit their child’s application and fee starting on Open House Day. But to enroll a child, all families must complete the enrollment process as outlined below. Therefore, we begin the open enrollment process on Monday, February 3, 2020 on a first come, first served basis. After full enrollment, prospective applicants will be placed on a wait list and informed as spaces come available. The following is the open enrollment admissions process.
* Due to Covid-19 we have made adjustments to our calendar year, our operating hours and days, as well as the enrollment process for the outdoor program. All enrollment information from this point on, has been updated as of late August, to reflect those changes:
NEW FAMILIES – Meeting you and your child in the school is a requirement for admission. Here are the steps in our school’s admissions process:
- Become familiar with our approach, the FULLY outdoor program, our small cohort classes, and take a few moments to get acquainted with the admissions enrollment process. Then call us to set up a phone consultation with the director and review the school’s NEW Parental Responsibilities, Health, Illness & Safety Policies and Covid-19 Policy before scheduling a visit.
- Visit the School/Meet with the Director – Every family comes for an individual family visit after initial phone consultation. Visits are scheduled in advance & socially distanced – parent and child with the director, outside on the play yard and expanded outdoor space.
- Schedule a mini-morning visit for your child to spend about two hours with our cohort for play and activities (like a “shadow” day for us to observe your child and for him/her to have a little introduction to our school).
- Following your visit, assuming it’s the right time to enroll – submit your child’s application for 2021 OUTDOOR PROGRAM and application fee; the school will then confirm your child’s enrollment via email and your will receive an invoice for your fees.
- Prior to the start of the school year/your child’s first day, parents must complete and email the school their child’s Individual Child Enrollment Forms for 2021 and Parental Responsibilities and Agreement Contract (including Health, Illness and Safety Policies, Covid-19 Policy & Waiver).
Prospective families are invited to apply if we have space in our program for the 2020-2021 year. If all of the spaces in a class are filled, a waiting list will be started for the class. The waiting lists are established first through the order of applicants and then maintained on a first come first serve basis. Siblings of enrolled children always receive priority on waiting lists.
Cancellation of Enrollment Policy
TCG requests that any cancellation of enrollment be in received in writing and 30 days before planned final day. Failure to notify TCG as required will result in family account being invoiced for an additional month of tuition.
- January 20, 2020: In-house enrollment begins
- January 31, 2020: In-house enrollment application form due (& fee if Alum/PABC)
- February 1, 2020, 3 – 5:30 pm: Open House for prospective families
- February 3, 2020: Open enrollment process begins (appointments for family visits begin, first come, first serve)
- February 14, 2020: In-house enrollment fee due
- May 1, 2020: Supply fee due for 2019-20
- August 1, 2020: First tuition payment due for 2020-21 school year
- August 3, 2020: First day of new school year (adjusted calendar) for children coming 5 mornings a week
- August 4, 2020: First day of new school year (adjusted calendar) for children coming 3 mornings a week
- September 1, 2020 – April 1, 2021: remaining tuition payments due
- September 15, 2020: Enrollment process for new families to the outdoor program begins
- May 20/21, 2021: 2020-2021 Preschool year ends