The preschool will not be hosting an OPEN HOUSE DAY this year. Due to Covid-19, our school only operated at between 25-35% enrollment in 2020-2021. We have made adjustments to our structure and school enrollment for the upcoming 2021-2022, as our school gradually grows back to its former size. As of February, 2021, with our plans to have 2 classes of children for next year and having completed in-house and alumni enrollment, we have only a couple of spaces left for new families. Therefore, instead of holding an open house day, we will be offering a phone consultation, followed by a family visit (distanced, outdoors) to the school for prospective families for 2021-2022. Please read through the steps below.
The following is the open enrollment admissions process for space remaining, 2021-2022, following in-house and alumni enrollment. All enrollment information here has been revised as of February, 2021 and is relevant to the 2021-2022 school year only. In the 2021-2022 year we are moving to a 10-month school calendar year (August to May).
NEW FAMILIES – Meeting you and your child in the school is a requirement for admission. Here are the required steps in our school’s admissions process:
- Become familiar with our approach to living arts education, our integrated indoor/outdoor program (100% outdoor in 2020-2021; mostly outdoor and some program components indoor in 2021-2022), our classes, and take a few moments to get acquainted with the complete admissions/enrollment process on this page.
- Then call us to set up a phone consultation with the director and review the school’s Parental Responsibilities, Health, Illness & Safety Policies in the Parent section of the school’s website, before scheduling a visit.
- Visit the School – Every family comes for an individual family visit. Visits are scheduled in advance & socially distanced (at this time – late Winter, 2021 to early Spring, 2021) – parent and child with the director, outside on the play yard and expanded outdoor space.
- Following your your family visit – submit your child’s enrollment application for 2021-2022 and application fee.
- Children three and older come for a scheduled mini-morning shadow visit. This visit is for your child to spend about two hours with our cohort for play and activities (the “shadow” day is for us to observe your child and for him/her to have a little introduction to our school).
- After the steps above and being ready to enroll, the school will then confirm your child’s enrollment via email and you will receive an invoice for your additional fees and a copy of your financial contract, both due within a week of the school offering placement for your child.
- Prior to the start of the school year/your child’s first day, parents must complete and email the school their child’s Individual Enrollment Forms and Parental Responsibilities and Agreement (including Health, Illness and Safety Policies).
Prospective families are invited to apply if we have space in our program for the 2021-2022 year. If all of the spaces in a class are filled, a waiting list will be started for the class. The waiting lists* are established first through the order of applicants and then maintained on a first come first serve basis. Siblings of enrolled children always receive priority on waiting lists.
*To be on the wait list, a prospective family will need to have spoken with a director to understand the process, as well as submit an application and application fee. This guarantees formal contact in order, should a space open up.
Cancellation of Enrollment Policy
TCG requires that any cancellation of enrollment be received in writing and 30 days (minimum) before the planned final day. Failure to notify TCG as required will result in the family’s account being invoiced for an additional month of tuition.
Important Dates for Prospective Families
- March 1, 2021: Open Enrollment process commences for new families (for remaining space, following in-house & alumni enrollment, first come first serve)
- July 1, 2021: First tuition payment for 2021-2022 year due
- August 9, 2021: First day of school for children enrolled 5 morning/wk
- August 10, 2021: First day of school for children enrolled 3 morning/wk
- September 6, 2021: school closed for Labor Day
- October 11, 2021: school closed for Indigenous People’s Day
- November 1, 2021: Service alternative fee due
- November 1-2, 2021: school closed for Teacher Workday & Fall Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- November 22-26, 2021: closed for Thanksgiving break
- December 20-31, 2021 & January 3-4, 2022: closed for Holiday Break & Teacher Workdays/Staff Development
- January 17, 2022: school closed for Martin Luther King Day
- March 21-22, 2022: school closed for Teacher Workday & Spring Parent-Teacher Conference Day
- April 4-8, 2022: school closed for Spring Break
- May 20, 2022: 2021-2022 Preschool year ends
- May 23-30, 2022: school closed for pre-summer break & Memorial Day
- May 31, 2022: 2022 Summer camp begin