SUMMER CAMP 2021 INFORMATION
Priority In-House (Current Families & Alumni) Registration: Monday, 8th to Friday, March 12th.
New Families Registration: starts Monday, March 15th.
Join us and give your child the magic of a Children’s Garden summer!
The beautiful and carefree summer days of early childhood are always vibrant and blooming at The Children’s Garden!
Fill your child’s summer with creative movement, circle games, watercolor painting, natural handcrafts, singing, storytelling, puppet shows, and outdoor activity in the morning sunshine.
The centerpiece of our morning is play – free, creative and unstructured play, indoors and outdoors – the true work, joy and developmental training ground of young children. Outdoors, children will experience the summer beauty of our shaded play yard and Grant Park. Sand and water play with pails, shovels and tiny boats made of bark or leaves; bubbles, wood planks and tree stumps are among the children’s playthings. Our teachers provide a rhythm of activities designed to bring balance to a child’s day, and a wealth of natural materials to give wings to the imagination. Our week includes lively stories, singing and circle games, baking or cooking, painting, handcrafts, gardening and nature walk. And every child will have the opportunity to work in the garden, tending to the summer vegetables, flowers and plants.
8:55 to 9:10 – Arrival: Morning Drop-Off
Until 10:40 – Outdoor Play, Painting, Baking, Handwork and/or Nature Walk (depending on the day’s rhythm)
10:45 to 11:10 – Welcome the Day/Circle
11:10 – Wash Hands & Snack time
11:45 to 12:25 – Inside time for Bathroom & Hand washing, Cool-Off/Free Play, Indoor Clean up & Story OR Outside Games, Clean up & Story
12:30 to 12:35 – If returning outside, walk to play yard with packs on; Good-Bye Circle with children
12:40 to 12:45 – Dismissal, parent pick up
- Monday – TCG Trail Mix
- Tuesday – Fresh Organic Fruit Salad
- Wednesday – Cooked Grain served with butter, seasonings and herbs
- Thursday – Fresh Bread Baking or Cooking
- Friday – Fresh Organic Veggies from the garden & Homemade Hummus
- Monday – Nature Hike & Handwork
- Tuesday – Cleaning Day (*purposeful work: chores, tidying, cleaning, gardening)
- Wednesday – Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Painting
- Thursday – Baking or Cooking (activity AND the snack that day)
- Friday – Water Play (outside on the yard in swim gear and water shoes)
*Purposeful Work Children help with joyful class chores. They are involved in washing dishes & tables, sweeping, table setting, plant & garden care, paint board washing, laundry folding, serving at snack and more.
Camp Hours this Summer
- This year, we move to a 5-mornings/week camp. Two camp sessions are offered, each a month long. Here are the dates: June session – Tuesday, June 1st – Wednesday, June 30th; July session – Thursday, July 1st – Friday, July 30th
- Two holiday closures to note – Monday, May 31st for Memorial Day Weekend & Monday, July 5th for Independence Day Weekend.
- Daily camp hours – Each morning, we start at 8:55-9:10am for drop off and finish with dismissal at 12:40-12:45pm. A large, hearty snack is served late in the morning. (Lunch is eaten at home).
Summer Camp Fees
- There is a non refundable registration fee of $50 per camp session (for each child). It must be submitted with your child’s camp registration form and acts as a non-refundable deposit to secure your child’s spot.
- Each month-long camp session is $680 and includes camp tuition, all supplies and your child’s nutritious snack.
- Camp registration fees and tuition fees are strictly non-refundable.
- Checks for registration fees should be made payable to The Children’s Garden Preschool. Camp tuition is invoiced & paid electronically.
Summer Camp Registration Basic Information and Policies
- Registration for Summer camp is first come, first served. Space is limited.
- Summer camp registration is open to children aged 3 to 7, also known as “rising Robins” in the school and older (age 3+ as of summer, 2021).
- The summer camp program is staffed by our trained TCG teachers and assistants.
- Camp sessions may not be split. To accommodate and serve all families with such limited space per session, the school must register children on a whole-session basis.
- Payment DEADLINE for camp tuition fees is Tuesday, May 18th, 2021.
- Camp fees not paid in full by the May 18th due date may result in forfeiture of camp placement for the session or sessions registered.
- In the event TCG must regroup ages or cancel camp sessions, parents will be notified immediately. If TCG must cancel any session of camp due to the enrollment minimum not being met, a credit or refund will be issued to affected families.
- There will be no refunds or credits for any days missed by a registered child.
- With the anticipated changes coming due to vaccine distribution and herd immunity, we expect to spend a small part of the day inside, as soon as July 1st. This will be assessed first and the decision determined only after several factors including expert guidance, have been considered. If we must remain fully outdoor for camp, we are completely prepared and equipped to do so.
- We will continue morning curbside/sidewalk drop off and pick up during camp, Assuming we are able to have some morning indoor time, children will only be inside for a little cool off, inside play, clean up and story time (before returning outside for parent pick up).
- Parents will continue to stay outside the building, as we have done during the 2021-2022 year.
Before Leaving Home in the Morning
We request that you apply sunscreen and/or insect repellent BEFORE coming to camp each morning. On water days, your child should come to school in their bathing suit with a light layer of clothing on top, water shoes or waterproof sandals on.
What to Bring
- Children will need to come to camp with a child’s outdoor backpack (see list on registration form) with a large bottle of water or two smaller ones, child insect repellent (for reapplication), sunscreen and a change of summer clothes & underwear.
- ALL items from home must be labeled with your child’s name.
- Towel on water days with other shoes to change into later, if desired.
- Your child’s camp teachers will communicate with you regarding any additional items to bring.
Children should be dressed in cool, breathable, comfortable clothing. NO Flip-Flops, please–for safety reasons. Sandals or canvas (Tivas, Keenes, Crocs, tennis shoes or the like are strongly preferred). Water shoes are best for Friday water days. Children will be engaged in activities such as food preparation, baking, crafts and painting; so please dress your child in suitable clothing.
Daily snack is provided by the preschool (please see the list above). Lunch is not served at or brought to camp.