The beautiful carefree summer days of childhood are vibrant and blooming at The Children’s Garden Preschool!
Fill your child’s day with creative movement, circle games, watercolor painting, natural handcrafts, singing, storytelling, puppet shows, and plenty of outdoor activity in the morning sunshine.
The centerpiece of our morning is play – free, creative and unstructured play, indoors and outdoors – the true work, joy and developmental training ground of young children.
Outdoors, children will experience the summer beauty of our play yard and Grant Park. Sand and water play with pails, shovels and tiny boats made of bark or leaves; bubbles, wood planks and tree stumps are among the children’s playthings.
Indoors, our teachers provide a rhythm of activities designed to bring balance to a child’s day, and a wealth of natural materials to give wings to the imagination. Our week includes lively stories, singing and circle games, baking or cooking, painting, handcrafts, gardening and nature walk. And every child will have the opportunity to work in the garden, tending to the summer vegetables, flowers and plants!
Join us and give your child the magic of a Children’s Garden summer! We offer eleven weekly sessions from May 30th to August 17th. Our 2017 summer program is open to children who are between the ages of *3 years to 6 years, as of June 1st.
*Please speak with the director first about enrolling a child who is slightly younger than 3 or is new to TCGP.
Daily Rhythm & Activities
9:15 to 9:30 – Arrival: Morning Drop-Off at the Play Garden Gate
9:30 to 10:30 – Outdoor Play/Activities and/or Nature Walk
10:30 to 11 – Welcome the Day/Circle, Creative Moment, Games
11 to 11:15 – Come Inside to Cubbies, Bathroom, Wash Hands
11:20 to 11:50 – Lunch & Clean Up
11:50 to 12:40 – Free Play & Indoor Activities*
12:40 to 12:55 – Clean Up from Indoor Activities & Wash Hands
12:55 to 1:15 – Snack & Clean Up (Wash Dishes and Tables)
1:15 to 1:30 – Story
1:30 to 1:35 – Dismissal: Good-Bye Circle with children, parents and teachers
Snacks (Children Help Prepare Snack with Teachers)
- Tuesday – Fresh Bread Baking or Cooking
- Wednesday – Fresh Organic Fruit Salad
- Thursday – Fresh Organic Veggies from the garden & Homemade Hummus
- Tuesday – Baking or Cooking (activity AND the snack that day)
- Wednesday – Handcrafts
- Thursday – Wet-on-Wet Watercolor Painting
Purposeful Work Each day, children help in the classroom and are involved in washing dishes & tables, sweeping, table setting, plant care, paint board washing, laundry folding, water pouring at snack and more.
Camp sessions run Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 9:15am to 1:35pm
Summer Camp Fees
- There is a non refundable one-time registration fee of $50 per child (not per camp).
- Each weekly camp session fee is $135 and includes camp program cost and supply fee.
- Camp registration fee/s and tuition fees are strictly non-refundable.
- Checks should be made payable to The Children’s Garden Preschool (or TCGP).
- Summer camp weekly fee includes all supplies (for painting, crafts, etc., as well as daily snack).
Summer Camp Registration
Registration information, dates and policies are as follows–
- Summer camp registration is open to children aged 3 to 6 (age as of June 1st 2017).
- Eleven weekly sessions are offered beginning Tuesday, May 30th and ending the week of Tuesday, August 15th. We are closed the week of July 4th (July 4th to July 6th).
- The summer camp program is taught by our trained teachers.
- Registration fee ($50) must be submitted with your child’s summer camp registration.
- Payment DEADLINE for camp tuition fees is Monday, May 15th, 2017.
- Camp fees not paid in full by the May 15th due date may result in forfeiture of camp placement for the session or sessions registered.
- Registration for Summer camp is first come, first served. Space is limited.
- In the event TCGP must regroup ages or cancel camp sessions, parents will be notified immediately. If TCGP must cancel any session of camp due to the enrollment minimum not being met, a credit or refund will be issued to affected families.
Snack and Lunch
Snack is provided by the preschool (please see the list above). Children will need to come to camp with a packed lunch each day and a bottle of water. We encourage healthy food choices and plenty of water. Use of ice packs in lunch boxes is especially recommended at this time of year.
What to Bring
- ALL items from home must be labeled with your child’s name.
- A seasonal change of clothing, including underwear (labeled) should be sent in on the first day.
- Lunch and a full bottle of water.
- We request that you apply sunscreen and/or insect repellant BEFORE coming to camp each day.
- Your child’s camp teachers will communicate with you regarding any additional items to bring.
Children should be dressed in cool, breathable, comfortable clothing. NO Flip-Flops, please–for safety reasons. Sandals or canvas (Tivas, Keenes, Crocs, tennis shoes or the like are strongly preferred). Children will be engaged in activities such as food preparation, baking, crafts and painting; so please dress your child in suitable clothing.